Thanks for the Memories!! Let's do it again!

This whole elementary blog idea started in 2000 when a few RHS classmates' emails spread like wildfire. This blog consists mostly of conversations regarding our 40th reunion and, of course, memories from our elementary days. As we approach our 45th reunion, please share your comments, memories and wishes on our RHS Class of '70 Facebook page. Let's start with...
Are you interested in reuniting with your elementary classmates again in 2015?




So... how do I blog????

Please add a comment to any of these conversations! Look over our selection of blogs in the right menu, including those within past months. When you are feeling inspired, simply type a mesage in the "Post a Comment" text box. Underneath the comment box, open the "comment as" menu and select "name/url" (unless you have a listed profile). Type your name; you may leave the url blank. You may choose to be anonymous or include your name within the text as well. Select "Preview" if you would like to see what your comment will look like before it is published. You may choose to delete a message after it is published but it will leave a message stating "comment removed by blogger". Come on...You know you want to join us!

Monday, June 21, 2010

MarySue Moses says HI!

This is me in a nutshell: Majored in Theatre Arts in college (Case Western Reserve U., Cleveland), promptly became a waitress, then joined a Children's Theatre company in Vermont, went to drama school in London (transformative, hooked on Shakespeare ever since), joined Illusion Theater in Minneapolis (I have lived in St. Paul now for two decades), worked there for 17 years, then co-founded Theatre at Work (we do theatre-based training for businesses, the company still exists as a back-burner operation for me) after that. Oh yeah. I got married at age 33, but it was a dismal failure in most respects, and I stayed too long, but had a daughter, Eliza, who is a very bright light, now 23. Got divorced in 1995 and thought life couldn't be happier. Reconnected with my old high school best friend and boyfriend (well, the romantic phase lasted 3 weeks after we graduated from RHS) Phil Kilbourne (cousin of Ed) and we got married in 1997. Much happiness (and laughter, the guy is funnier than ever) ever since. He's an actor (fabulous), and I now work full time with persons with Alzheimer's and dementia at an assisted-living, doing activities, and coaching and training resident assistants. My mom had dementia (she lived with it for over a decade) and that inspired my career change. I got my Master's in Gerontology in 2008 and am now finding training opportunities for myself outside of my regular job when I can. Busy! I love working with memory care residents, it's a great joy. Sometimes I teach them Shakespeare. They can learn it, cause it's like music.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 21, 2010

    MarySue says: I remember doing Japanese painting at your house, Judy Schoneman. Wow! Sue Shaffner, I had no idea Mrs. Hay was such a Nazi - I thought of her as an angel, and remember painting a picture of her which I dubbed "Angle Mrs. Hay". I must have drunk the kool-aid. Chuckie Johnson, you came to my house for a tea party once, pre-Willard, I think! I was nuts about Mr. Slicker and Miss Talbot. Remember the pinata she brought us after her honeymoon to Mexico? Rickie Bowe, you managed to collect most of the candy as I recall. You were so cute, I almost forgave you. I remember Miss Eliason going on and on about history and in the same sentence passionately pointing out a yellow bellied whatever out the window. What a great character!

    I also remember the HORROR of rope climbing in the Willard gym. And square dancing. But the latter was kinda fun, more my speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea if I am talking to thin air since all these posts are from three years back. I googled Mary Sue Moses just to see what would happen and voila! I may be talking to myself.

      This is Dan Hird. I lived behind MarySue. The last time I visited Ridgewood, I had to check things out, so much of Belmont Rd. looked just the same, except... I remember MarySue's front yard and I remember when they planted a tree there. I remember playing "cigarettes" (a little race game we made up I guess) and running around that newly planted tree. So I am standing in her old front yard and I'm staring at this huge tree... and it suddenly hits me...

      What's this about Mrs. Hay? I remember her pretty fondly.

      But Miss Robinson... is she still living? I've been meaning to look her up and thank her for years.

      Don't ask me about me... I'm still working on it... no kids. Nothing to tell really. When I figure life out, and I'm still hopeful, I'll let you know.

      Delete