Thanks for the Memories!! Let's do it again!

This whole elementary blog idea started in 2000 when a few RHS classmates' emails spread like wildfire. This blog consists mostly of conversations regarding our 40th reunion and, of course, memories from our elementary days. As we approach our 45th reunion, please share your comments, memories and wishes on our RHS Class of '70 Facebook page. Let's start with...
Are you interested in reuniting with your elementary classmates again in 2015?




So... how do I blog????

Please add a comment to any of these conversations! Look over our selection of blogs in the right menu, including those within past months. When you are feeling inspired, simply type a mesage in the "Post a Comment" text box. Underneath the comment box, open the "comment as" menu and select "name/url" (unless you have a listed profile). Type your name; you may leave the url blank. You may choose to be anonymous or include your name within the text as well. Select "Preview" if you would like to see what your comment will look like before it is published. You may choose to delete a message after it is published but it will leave a message stating "comment removed by blogger". Come on...You know you want to join us!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Greetings FROM MR. SLICKER!!!!























Mr. Clyde Slicker, recognized earlier in this blog website, is well-known to many of us from fourth or sixth grade, or, in my case, both! On a whim, I invited him to attend our Willard reunion! I am thrilled that Mr. Slicker took the time to acknowledge the invitation and provide us with an update on his family. I have included the photo he sent of himself and Mrs. Slicker (I didn't realize she had taught at Somerville and Glen Schools as well!) and a copy of the note he wrote. Being the consummate teacher and professor that he is, we also have a suggested reading list that will "leave us thinking!" I am proud to say, Mr. Slicker (as I hope you continue to check this blog!), that I HAVE already read three of the books mentioned on your list!
FELLOW SLICKER SCHOLARS please add greetings here or find me at the reunion to write down memories and thoughts that I will send back to him along with "taller" pictures of us!

I will bring the card, photo and note to the reunion. You may be able to get a better view of the message by clicking on the image in the slide show below.

3 comments:

  1. Judy, thanks so much for reaching out to him! I've often told people about the volley-balloon game our class invented (and the day someone else and I went to teach Miss Eliason's class -- I recall they weren't suitably impressed. I'm going to see if I can dig out the pictures I took of Mr S's class fall week at Camp Green.

    I've just spent an hour reading back thru postings from before I joined. Don't know why it took me so long to get to that, but with reunion only a week away (and RHS in the news because of the tragic suicide of one of its 2010 alumns), I'm really feeling drawn to think about the past there.

    I was only at Willard for 5th & 6th grade but so many memories! We'll all have so much to talk about at Judy's in only 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlee Belmore said...I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to Mr. Slicker and the 6th grade class at Willard. Being the "new kid" in 6th grade turned out to be a great thing because you all made me feel so welcome. You guys were the sophisticated, and very cool east coast kids, somewhat scary from my view, but after the initial shock, you all made it easy and comfortable. I still claim Ridgewood as home even though we moved again the beginning of my junior year. Anyway, I thank you all for being very gracious 11 year olds and for my good fortune to be in Mr. Slicker's class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember having Mrs. Slicker as a teacher in Glen School. I believe it was 2nd grade and also the first year that Glen was open.

    ReplyDelete