Thanks for the Memories!! Let's do it again!

This whole elementary blog idea started in 2000 when a few RHS classmates' emails spread like wildfire. This blog consists mostly of conversations regarding our 40th reunion and, of course, memories from our elementary days. As we approach our 45th reunion, please share your comments, memories and wishes on our RHS Class of '70 Facebook page. Let's start with...
Are you interested in reuniting with your elementary classmates again in 2015?




So... how do I blog????

Please add a comment to any of these conversations! Look over our selection of blogs in the right menu, including those within past months. When you are feeling inspired, simply type a mesage in the "Post a Comment" text box. Underneath the comment box, open the "comment as" menu and select "name/url" (unless you have a listed profile). Type your name; you may leave the url blank. You may choose to be anonymous or include your name within the text as well. Select "Preview" if you would like to see what your comment will look like before it is published. You may choose to delete a message after it is published but it will leave a message stating "comment removed by blogger". Come on...You know you want to join us!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hello! John Poor!!!!

Several of you have tracked down my email and sent me a note. Actually, you have been sending notes to my wife who has sent them on to me. It's about time I finally get to responding. Going back a few years, I went to BU and started out as a teacher in Hanover, NH. And, in no time got married, changed my last name, bought a house, bought a station wagon and had my first of 3 sons! That house in Plainfield, NH, is still our home, but very quiet now with the boys all on their own. Occasionally, the activity level kicks up around here when some of our 3 grandsons (with another on the way) pay us a visit. Now that is fun!
I moved on from teaching and spent 26 exciting years helping to grow a computer company up here. 10 years ago, it was time to move on and I changed careers to be a
financial advisor with Merrill Lynch that will see me into retirement. My wife, Jeanne, is still a teacher in the same school now teaching her 2nd generation of families!
Great memories of you all from the WIllard days. Stan Brown and I have stayed in touch all these years so he can fill you in on any disparaging details about me if you need. Otherwise, I look forward to hearing from or seeing some of you at some point. The best email to use for my contact is
j_woodward-poor@ml.com - I don't really use this gmail account much.
Take care and have a great time!
John Woodward-Poor

No comments:

Post a Comment