Thanks for the Memories!! Let's do it again!

This whole elementary blog idea started in 2000 when a few RHS classmates' emails spread like wildfire. This blog consists mostly of conversations regarding our 40th reunion and, of course, memories from our elementary days. As we approach our 45th reunion, please share your comments, memories and wishes on our RHS Class of '70 Facebook page. Let's start with...
Are you interested in reuniting with your elementary classmates again in 2015?




So... how do I blog????

Please add a comment to any of these conversations! Look over our selection of blogs in the right menu, including those within past months. When you are feeling inspired, simply type a mesage in the "Post a Comment" text box. Underneath the comment box, open the "comment as" menu and select "name/url" (unless you have a listed profile). Type your name; you may leave the url blank. You may choose to be anonymous or include your name within the text as well. Select "Preview" if you would like to see what your comment will look like before it is published. You may choose to delete a message after it is published but it will leave a message stating "comment removed by blogger". Come on...You know you want to join us!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Mrs. Belmore, You've Got a Lovely Daughter!"

A few words from Charlee Belmore!!

Lots of laughs reading the blogs and I'm impressed by everyone's recall. I suppose we're not actually that old just yet, at least that's what I'd prefer to think....we all remember something!

Anyway, without boring you all too much I'll try to provide a very brief top line on my life. Here goes:

Moved to Milwaukee my junior year at RHS, and graduated from Valparaiso University. Spent the next several decades working the corporate side with GE in marketing and sales management and also the agency side in client services and consulting. Lots of transferring around the country but all in all a very good time. Got married somewhere in the middle to a nice guy from GE, just not the one for me. I left after about 8 years, and we divorced in '89. Nope... no kids. Children would have been nice but only with the right person for me. Anyway, a few more transfers, some quality people in my life, and then things changed again with aging parents. About eight years ago I moved to the Baltimore area and re-invented my work life to accommodate the family situation. It all turned out to be pretty amazing and life changing in lots of ways. Now life is less hectic, and I can appreciate the pace and travel for fun instead of just for work. Recently left a very small start-up company after several years, and now helping to find a potential buyer...we'll see how that pans out.

So there you have it in an instant replay format. I'm very lucky, life continues to be wonderful, perhaps not what I had anticipated when I was sixteen--- but I'm sure glad to be here!

Looking forward to seeing some taller, once upon a time 6th graders, on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment